Local Area Network, a network of computers, generally in a small area, a few of which will be working flawlessly. On the average LAN of personal computers, the following applies:
- 4% of PCs won't boot up
- 7% of PCs won't connect to the LAN
- 6% of PCs will boot up and connect to the LAN, but crash shortly afterwards
- 12% of PCs will have users who have forgotten their passwords
- 4% of PCs will have users who have decided they don't want to log into the LAN because it's more trouble than it's worth
- 2% of PCs will connect perfectly, and be very busily distributing viruses around the LAN because their users have foolishly circumvented the virus protection
- 1 PC will be in a totally weird state that has caused the LAN administrator/s to give in and call an exorcist.
What we used to call Notebooks.
An odd ailment, now known to cause irrational hatred of Microsoft.
Copyright © 1995-1999 Daniel Bowen.